March 2023 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Networks and Development Center
- Canadian Federation of Worker Cooperatives
- Co-operatives and Mutuals Canada
- Democracy at Work Institute
- Fifty by Fifty
- ICA Group
- International Cooperative Alliance
- National Cooperative Business Association
- Network of Bay Area Worker Cooperatives (NOBAWC)
- Northwest Cooperative Development Center
- Shared Capital
- US Federation of Worker Cooperatives
- UW Center for Cooperatives
The Labor Movement
- Union Cab of Madison – cooperative.co on My 2nd Birthplace: Union Cab of Madison 40 years on
- John McNamara on Make USPS a Solidarity Co-op!
- Pierre Audet on Make USPS a Solidarity Co-op!
- Cyberattacks show the risks of digital currencies and centralised control – we need a return to community banking — RT Op-ed – Stocksconomy on #4 The Value of Self-Responsibility
- Cyberattacks show the risks of digital currencies and centralised control – we need a return to community banking - Newseye.uk on #4 The Value of Self-Responsibility
More from the Workers’ Paradise . . .
Category Archives: 2040
The Friedman Doctrine 50 Years On: A Total Disaster
On September 13, 1970, Milton Friedman penned and Op-Ed for the New York Times that was essentially the opening shot of the economic civil war between the rival economic ideas of John Maynard Keynes and F. W. Hayek. Friedman, a … Continue reading
Posted in 2040, Human Relations, Imagine2012, Society Tagged American Dream, ethics, keynes, neo-liberalism, principles, sharing economy, values Leave a comment
Make USPS a Solidarity Co-op!
The recent fight over the post office has been dramatic and hyper partisan while also obscuring the causes of the financial problems of the post office. These problems largely result from one major decision by the Congress known as the … Continue reading
Posted in 2040, American Dream, Uncategorized, worker co-ops Tagged conversions, Cooperatives, post office, solidarity 2 Comments
Worker co-ops are not the solution, but a vehicle (and a sturdy one at that).
“We do not aspire to economic development as an end but as a means.”-– Don José María Arizmendiarietta (029)* In early December, I attended a workshop in Post Falls, Idaho for Reimagining the Rural West. This initiative of the Western … Continue reading
Posted in 2040, Pensimientos, Reflections Tagged Cooperatives, development, mutual self-help, rural development Leave a comment
The Worker Co-op Movement in 2040: Revisited
Ten years ago, when I was blogging much more regularly, I wrote a series on envisioning the worker co-op movement in 2040. You can read them here. As the Co-op Decade comes to a conclusion over the next couple of … Continue reading
Posted in 2040, Co-op Blueprint, Movement, Pensimientos, worker co-ops Tagged 2040, co-op cities, the future, worker co-ops Leave a comment
Beginning a Thousand Mile Journey
Let’s forget about tomorrow. Not because, as the song goes, it never comes, but because the election that happens tomorrow will have little effect on the worker co-ops of 2040 (or even 2011 for that matter). We need to think … Continue reading
Posted in 2040, Human Relations Tagged development, labor movement 3 Comments
Does Your Community Plan for Coops?
What will the worker co-operative movement look like in 2040? It will look like whatever we make it look like. We need to start thinking today about the world in 30 years. I am not sure how useful it is … Continue reading
Posted in 2040, Movement 3 Comments
Creating a Roadmap to 2040
In high school, one of my teacher, John Gray, would joke about giving a pop quiz in which the students had 5 minutes to write down everything that they knew. The joke was that given the enormity of that task, … Continue reading
Posted in 2040, Movement Tagged 2040, labor movement, US Federation, worker co-ops Leave a comment
US Worker Co-ops in 2040?
What should our movement look like in 30 years? 30 years ago, the modern US worker co-operative movement was in its infancy. The Anti-War, Second Wave Feminist and Civil Rights movements were starting to move their way into mainstream society … Continue reading
Posted in 2040, Movement, Uncategorized Tagged federation, Ownership 3 Comments